We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join our Finance Team for The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School and Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls, in Elstree; two leading independent day schools in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as we meet the changing needs of our Schools including integrating our support services into one organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will take responsibility for all aspects of management accounting, from overseeing transactional processes to the production of monthly, periodic and annual reports and returns.
Amongst a wide range of duties, you will also be responsible for:
- Providing timely and accurate reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations
- Reconciling all finance ledgers including Balance Sheet accounts, Fixed Asset register
- Preparation of termly management accounts for the Coach Company, Shop and Foundation
- Preparation of VAT returns for the Shop
- The day to day running of a busy Finance office
- Team management, development and mentorship (4 staff)
- Ensuring all spending is necessary, relevant and authorised
Required skills and qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Experience in senior accounting role including preparation of Management Accounts and managing teams
- A wide range of reconciliation and analytical experience
- Advanced Excel skills
The closing date for applicants is Friday 18 January 2019.