Governors and Staff
Haberdashers' Boys' School is one of the 11 schools of the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers, and it is a source of great pride that students at our school number among over 10,000 pupils at Haberdashers' Schools, in the maintained and independent sectors. The Company provides funding, guidance and the in-depth experience of governors, who sit on the boards of its schools and colleges around the country, participate in social and official events and take a great interest in the wellbeing of all the pupils in their care.
Habs receives strong support from its governing body, consisting of people who combine their professional expertise and interest in education to provide practical guidance, and to contribute to the broader strategic framework within which the school operates.
The Board of Governors is supported by a number of committees which operate across the two schools and an advisory group for each school. A number of governors also serve on the Board of The Haberdashers' Aske's Elstree Schools' Foundation.
- EI&SC: Estates, Infrastructure and Sustainability Committee
- F: Finance Committee
- IC: Innovation Committee
- PC: People Committee
- R&NC: Remuneration and Nominations Committee
- RM&C: Risk, Compliance and Safeguarding Committee
- T&LC: Teaching and Learning Committee
Governors' biographies below record membership of relevant committees and any other specific responsibilities held, A number of Governors also serve on the Board of The Haberdashers' Aske's Elstree Schools' Foundation (FO).
The Board of Governors and its committees are supported by the Clerk to the Governors: Tim Monod email@example.com
- Simon Cartmell OBE (Chair Board of Governors, Foundation Board Member, R&NC)
- Henrietta Afolami (PC, Nominated Safeguarding Governor Girls' School)
- Shruti Ajitsaria (T&LC, Chair IC)
- Delyth Chambers (TL&C)
- Caroline Clapper (EI&SC)
- Tim Dolan (Foundation Board Member, FC, EI&SC, R&NC, Chair RC&SC)
- Jeremy Gladwin (T&LC, RC&SC, Nominated Safeguarding Governor Boys' School)
- Helen Gough (Chair EI&SC)
- Julian Gregory (FC, EI&SC, R&NC, Vice Chair Boys' school)
- Pooja Jain (R&NC)
- Nish Kukadia (T&LC, IC)
- Claire Martinsen (EI&SC, RC&SC)
- Tony Mather (EI&SC, IC)
- Miray Muminoglu (FC)
- Jonny Myers (PC, Foundation Board Member)
- Robert Ohrenstein (Chair FC, R&NC)
- Helen Rosethorn (Chair PC, Chair R&NC)
- Bernadette Stubley (Chair T&LC, IC)
- Alastair Thomas (T&LC, IC)
- Neel Patani (FC)